Magic Rig is a rigging system for Autodesk Maya that makes rigging 3D characters for animation a simple and painless process.
Or fork it on GitHub
- Download and extract Magic Rig
- Open the ‘Magic Rig’ folder and copy the ‘maya’ folder over your documents/maya folder
- If you are using a version of Maya other than 2018 open the ‘maya’ folder and rename the 2018 folder to the year of your Maya version, then copy into your documents maya folder
- Open Maya and select the Magic Rig shelf and click on the icon
- Select the type of character you want to rig.
- click ‘Create Proxy’
- position proxy joints on your character
- click ‘Create Rig’
- skin rig joints to your character using the normal Maya skinning tools
If you have a spare moment and want to help out the project you can take this survey and make Magic Rig better!